Social Icons

Pages

Monday, April 23, 2007

Ellen Degeneres- The Funny Thing Is...

I felt like a laugh when I was at the library last, so I picked this one up. It's a hard book to describe, as funny as it is; I would probably call it a stand-up comedy routine on paper. Question, just as an aside--why is it called stand-up comedy? Was there ever such a thing as sit-down comedy?

Back to the book, Ellen is a funny person, and her writing captures her personality pretty well. The book is funny at times and just silly at others, but it was an enjoyable read, as I enjoy Ellen on TV and as a comic. Just a hint though- the whole thing functions much better when you read it in your head in Ellen's voice, rather than your own. For a few quick laughs instead of watching TV, this book is a good way to go.

No comments:

 

Sample text

Sample Text

miscellany, n.:
1. A mixture, medley, or assortment; (a collection of) miscellaneous objects or items.

Sample Text